POV-Ray 3.5 Insert Menu
The insert menu, also known as templates in the Mac version of POV-Ray is a collection of code snippets covering most areas of the POV-Ray Scene description language that should make it easier for beginners to learn the basics of POV-Ray coding.
These pages provide the content of this menu in forms different from those in the official Windows and Mac GUIs.
If you have problems using these files or find errors you can contact me
I have made two different HTML versions
- One large file with png images (caution, very large file!)
- Both versions zipped with images for offline use (3100kB)
I also made an add-on for the EMACS pov-mode That provides the content via menu like in the windows version (but without the images). The content is hard coded in an emacs lisp file right now - not very user friendly for changes. For installation instructions see the comment in the file.
- pov-im.el.gz - insert menu add-on for EMACS pov-mode (28kB)
And finally you can also download larger versions of the images for WinPOV:
- im_bmp_medium.zip - same size as when rendered with Options->Other Settings->Re-Render Insert Menu Bitmaps (2749kB).
- im_bmp_large.zip - larger version (4885kB).
For installation just copy the file into the insert menu directory of POV-Ray and unzip.