Landsat mosaic of South Georgia
This Landsat mosaic of South Georgia shows the island of South Georgia in the South Atlantic Ocean. The image gives a realistic up-to-date visual color impression of the area as it appears in summer with a minimum of snow and a maximum of vegetation.
This Landsat mosaic can be considered a higher resolution supplement to the Green Marble and similarly it represents the surface color with compensation for the effects of the atmosphere.
The mosaic features seamless coverage of the ocean using the Green Marble mosaic for areas further from the coast without Landsat coverage.
Source data is mostly Landsat 8 imagery from the 2015/2016 summer season, partly also from 2014/2015 and 2013/2014, in very small parts supplemented with older Landsat 7 imagery.
In addition to the visual color mosaic there is also a vegetation data set available based on the same Landsat imagery depicting the maximum amount of vegetation at every point.
- Visible color mosaic of South Georgia
- 15m base resolution, total size 12000×8000 pixel (vegetation map: 30m)
- Based on Landsat imagery, primarily Landsat 8 from 2013-2016, <1 percent from older Landsat 7
- Ocean color based on Green Marble
- Shows atmosphere compensated surface color, available either as linear surface reflectance values or tone mapped for direct display
- Assembled in UTM zone 24, can be made available in other projections.
If you are interested in using this Landsat mosaic use the form below to describe your needs and i will get back to you.